Hi there! Just in time for another Red Lip suited perfect for Valentines Day is Kylie Cosmetics Lipkit in shade Mary Jo K. I ordered this online last week and was exceptionally pleased with the smooth transaction. For those of you that have endured a MAC Cosmetics highly anticipated and limited edition collection release – this (second) release from Kylie Cosmetics was, well, a piece of cake. A thirty minute sell out, in my opinion, is quite a long time (I was able to make a second purchase for the other two shades you will see in the next post). I did watch Kylie’s snap chat and her mom come to tears as numbers jumped so very high and fast with online buyers. I cannot be anymore happier for them. I am happy for anyone with such the success of any makeup release – it does not matter who you are. What I do know is that I have a passionate place in my heart for makeup and for caring for people. What I do know about the creator of these products is that she visits the hospital down the street regularly from the hospital I work for and makes terminally ill children very happy when she is there to visit and connect with them. Without further ado – let’s get into this!
Details from the Kylie Cosmetics website:
- Mary Jo K is a true blue red
- The ultra-long wearing lip liner has a creamy texture that glides across the lips for a very easy and comfortable application
- The Lip Liner sharpens easily in most standard sized sharpeners
- The Liquid Matte Lipstick has high intensity pigment for an instant bold matte lip
- The extremely long wearing lipstick contains moisturizing ingredients for a comfortable, emollient and silky feel that does not dry your lips
- Retails for $30
- 1 Matte Liquid Lipstick (0.11 fl oz./oz. liq / 3.25 ml)
- 1 Pencil Lip Liner (net wt./ poids net .03 oz/ 1.0g)
- You can visit the site here for further details
The lip liner and matte liquid lipstick match perfectly. The lip liner is heavy and at first I questioned how to sharpen it. I used a Sephora brand sharpener that worked fine. The lip liner is made of a rubber texture when shaved. The lip liner is creamy, pigmented, and easy application.
The matte liquid lipstick has a sweet scent – smells like candy! The doe tip applicator works well. The texture of this product is light weight, pigmented, and true to color. It dries relatively quickly. I would recommend applying this quickly to avoid patchiness.
I look forward to seeing Lavender or purple shades in the future. With any matte liquid lipstick, I recommend exfoliating your lips well and moisturizing them beforehand. The lasting power in these products are there. Absolutely kiss-proof material.
Much love, Gigi