We are a little less than five months away from the holiday season and the makeup releases are rolling in! I absolutely do not mind bringing in Christmas early – as Christmas, well, is a great time of year all year around. In this post you will be seeing a sneak peek of Urban Decay’s Holiday Collection for 2016: The Vice Lipstick Capsule Collection, Vice Lipstick Palettes, Naked Illuminated Trio, Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette, Liquid Moondust Eyeshadow, and Urban Lash.
- Urban Decay Cosmetics is mixing up their holiday collection for 2016 with lipsticks celebrating their 20th anniversary with the Vice Lipstick Capsule Collection featuring nine shades from their original lip lineup. These lipsticks are limited edition and once they are gone, they are gone forever (or maybe seen in another 20 years?) and will retail for $17. I will be working on lip swatches this weekend. Here is a breakdown of the nine shades:
- Oil Slick: sheer black with silver micro-glitter, sheer finish
- Frostbite: frosted deep blue with multicolored micro-glitter, cream finish
- Smog: deep coppery bronze, cream finish
- UV-B: vibrant blue with purple shift, cream finish
- Pallor: frosted lavender with gray shift, cream finish
- Plague: bright purple with pink undertone, cream finish
- Bruise: sheer deep burgundy red with green shift, sheer finish
- Roach: deep burgundy-brown, cream finish
- Asphyxia: soft lavender with blue micro-glitter, cream finish
2. The Vice Lipstick Palettes will be available in two color ways: Blackmail and Junkie. Each lipstick palette is housed in a beautiful gunmetal case with a good size, quality mirror, and lip brush. The lipstick wells are designed with a special stair-step effect so that one can wipe excess lipstick off the brush and keeping each lipstick in its compartment. There is a protective thick plastic cover (see captures below) unveiling all twelve lipsticks. The palettes are limited edition, will retail for $35 and. are. so. so. gorgeous!!
- Blackmail is a collection of twelve wearable basic shades with pops of color and include the following: Sheer Shame (berry), Firebird (deep fuchsia), Big Bang (bright pink sparkle), Disobedient (medium pink), EZ (bright red-orange), 714 (bright red), Vanished (pale neutral nude), 1993 (medium brown), Ex-Girlfriend (nude-rose with pink shimmer), Amulet (metallic brick rose), Conspiracy (plum-bronze shimmer), and Blackmail (deep berry wine)
- Junkie is a collection of twelve of brighter colors and include the following: Disturbed (deep brick red), 714 (bright red), Carnal (medium warm nude), Safe Word (neutral nude-pink), Studded (metallic gray-brown), Whip (soft pink with gold iridescent shimmer), Wrath (metallic red), Big Bang (bright pink sparkle), Firebird (deep fuchsia), Vanity Kills (lavender), Speedball (deep vibrant purple), and Junkie (metallic green shimmer with gold micro-sparkle)
3. The Naked Illuminated Trio (available here) is a limited edition set of three *new* highlighter shades. It a lightweight, baked powder for face and body that claims to create an instant, radiant glow. The highlighters are housed in a luxe case, quality and generous sized mirror with a double-ended brush that are sized perfectly for the powders inside. This trio will retail for $36 and here is a breakdown of the shades included:
- Pyrite: gold-champagne
- Oasis: marbled frosted taupe
- Twilight: iridescent pink
4. The Naked Ultimate Basics Palette features twelve all-new matte eyeshadows. I have swatched the palette here. Every shade in this palette has been tweaked and perfected and claim to deliver a rich, buttery feel for the perfect application. This palette is housed in a sleek, slim, soft gold case with a full sized, quality mirror and double-ended brush. This palette appears to be permanent and will retail for $55. Here is a break down of the eyeshadows included:
- Blow: light nude demi-matte
- Nudie: soft pink-nude matte
- Commando: light taupe-brown matte
- Tempted: pale brown matte
- Instinct medium pink-taupe matte
- Lethal: reddish brown matte
- Pre-Game: pale yellow matte
- Extra Bitter: burnt orange matte
- Faith: medium warm brown matte
- Lockout: rich neutral brown matte
- Magnet: smoky gray matte
- Blackjack: warm black matte
5. The Liquid Moondust Eyeshadows are currently available exclusively from Sephora and Sephora.com. Please click here for a simple look, complete swatches and first impressions. You can click here to check them out.
6. Lastly, we have a collection of Urban Lash which includes two styles of cluster lashes and ten styles of full-track lashes that are handmade with cruelty-free synthetic hair. They are housed in a magnetic closure reusable box and designed with a beautiful iridescent backdrop. Two lash trays may be stacked in one box if one is traveling or would like to save space. The Urban Lashes appear to be permanent, retail for $15 exclusively at urban decay.com and their freestanding stores.
Are any of these on your list?!
Much love, Gigi
*PR Samples, some affiliate links