Hi there! I purchased the KKW BEAUTY Powder Contour Hightlight Kit in shade Medium at its first release. I prefer powder contour versus sticks and was eager to try this kit upon its reveal. The packaging is thin, sleek and is housed with four large pans – two of which are highlighters and two powders. The mirror in this kit is quality and I enjoy the size of it as well. For more photos of this product, my thoughts and complete look – please keep reading.
- Contour, shade, sculpt and highlight with the KKW Beauty Powder Contour & Highlight Kit
- The soft, buildable powder formula makes application easy and blends effortlessly for a seamless look
- The pressed powder quad features two matte contour shades,
- The highlight shades for brightening and adding glow; layer the two shimmer highlight shades for a more intense glow
- Use the angled brush to apply and blend the contour shades, and the rounded brush to apply the highlighter shades
- 2 Pressed powder contour & 2 pressed powder highlighters (net weight / pods net 4 X 7.25 grams / 4 X 0.26 oz.)
- Price: $52 with the double ended brush included ($68 with shipping in the U.S.)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Highlight I – Soft Yellow Gold
- Highlight II – Champagne Pink
- Contour I – Warm Honey
- Contour II – Natural Tan
For the price the pans in this kit is far better compared to the KKW cream sticks. The matte contour shades are easy to blend. Upon use, a little goes a very long way. I use Contour shade 1 to bronze and the darker Contour shade 2 to create depth in the hollows of my cheeks. The highlighters in this palette are not subtle and contain fine sparkle/glitter specs that are not overwhelming. I find that the formula is powdery, which I like, as it makes easier to blend and melt into the skin. The only thing lacking from this contour palette is a matte highlight or “banana” powder to brighten, define or correct over-contoured areas of the face. A great matte, yellow toned highlight powder from the SMASHBOX contour kit would be perfection (click here to check that one out).
The double-ended brush can be clicked off to add the sponge from the KKW cream brush. A nice concept although I am not a true fan of double-ended brushes as I prefer to hang my bristles downward after washing for longevity of the tool. To my surprise, the brush is phenomenal. You can see that there is some shedding (just a tad) in the photos above. The performance of this tool works hand-in-hand with the kit. The bristles are super soft. The angled brush does not poke at my skin and I like using the highlight or rounded part of the brush to blend the powders in its entirety. I use the SMASHBOX fan brush (seen here or here) to highlight instead.
Overall – I am very pleased with this purchase. Perhaps a six pan contour kit with more matte highlight shades would make this product perfect.
This will be restocking September 6th at 12 PST and you can click here to check it out.
Much love, Gigi